5.02.2012

Diaper cake...again

I have featured a diaper cake before in one of my posts but since then I have changed a couple things and thought I'd post this diaper cake I made recently.  The last diaper cake I gave out I covered with cute pink fabric and when I gave it to the soon to be mother she excitedly asked me if the fabric was a baby blanket.  I sheepishly answered that it was just fabric for aesthetic purposes.  And that was when it occurred to me, why not make blankets to cover the diapers?  So the green striped and polka dotted fabric are receiving blankets, which makes this gift that much cooler for a baby shower!  The cake topper includes a baby bowl, baby spoon (that turns white when food is too hot!) and baby socks and 3 diapers tied with twine.  Th second layer has baby shampoo and lotion, two baby bottles, a pacifier, and bottle cleaner.  The third layer has diaper rash cream, and gas drops.  Personally the diaper cake would look much cuter without all the add ons dangling from the side....but when it comes to baby showers I think more is always better. New moms can attest that some supplies were invaluable and so I always try to include those essentials with my gifts.  Nothing says welcome to motherhood (in a helpful way) like gas drops, diapers, and a bottle cleaner!  (in my opinion!!!)  I hope you enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Cute Cake! I love the receiving blanket idea, good job Keri!

    ReplyDelete